Presentation of RCPET
The Regional Center for the Professions of Education and Training (RCPET) in the region of Rabat-Salé-Zemmour-Zaer is a center affiliated to the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training. Located in the university premises of Madinat Al Irfane in Rabat, the center has two annexes : Rabat-Akkari and Khemisset. Its main missions are :
- Professionalizing initial training of primary school teachers, middle school teachers, and high school teachers. The training is provided for BA holders ;
- Training of MA holders on the preparation of the certificate of associate teacher ;
- Initial training of school administrative staff in management and good governance ;
- Research action
- Production of teaching tools ;
- In-service training.
The center was established on September 16th, 1977 by Decree N° 2-70-455 of Shaaban 5th, 1390 (Ocotber 7th, 1970) on the creation and organization of regional pedagogical centers, in response to the need for the Moroccanization of education staff that were then predominantly French aids. Since then, the center has, among other things, trained several generations of middle school teachers.
We are now in the fourth year of training in accordance with the new structure of RCPET (Decree 2-11-672 of December 23, 2011). Each year, improvements are made in training, paticularly in initial training that aims to :
- Be a professionalizing training focused on the teaching profession
- Respect the paradigm practice-theory-practice
- Be based on a modular system
- Alternate classes with practicum
- Be centred around educational research (end of term project)